De: andy fekete <andy.fekete@gmail.com>
Asunto: Re: (TV) Interesting Review
Para: tv@obbard.com
Fecha: lunes, 31 de enero de 2011, 2:53

Guys, I have to admit something:  I've never quite understood the
appeal of Richard Thompson -- or rather, I do intellectually, but I've
never *felt* his playing the way I do guitarists who truly move me.

Don't get me wrong, his playing is all fine enough; and with regards
to technical proficiency, Thompson is certainly a "better" player than
Neil Young and Verlaine --

But as someone who can raise the hair on the back of my neck?

There is just no comparison.

To me Thompson brings to mind sort of a Clapton with better pedigree
and resume.  For all his reported mastery, I've yet to hear even one
tune that is truly capable of transporting me.

What am I missing? *

-A

* I should say right now it clearly isn't Shoot Out The Lights, old
Fairport Convention records, or any of the many live releases or
bootegs I've been given.

http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment/Gig-review-Richard-Thompson-.6703304.j