Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd's Facebook Comments on The New Television Track

To me the real tour de force for Television and the guitar sound I associate with Tom & Richard was the Bootleg Live at my fathers place. Oh my God that album rocked and those two played off each other like they were in a death match.  That bootleg is the closest recording I have ever heard to being perfect.  The audience is going bonkers, the songs are in overdrive and Little Johnny Jewel was catapulted into heaven.  Richard's guitar on Satisfaction is one of the most mind blowing sols I have ever heard, where he detunes his guitar and plays it like a bow and arrow then tunes back up and roars back onto the track in a slightly detuned sort of pure mayhem.  Ficca's drums hold the entire thing together and Smith's deep bass lines drive all the songs through.  On this boot, their love of playing pours through and they bring the guitars, bass and drum to alevel beyond any level.  I thank God that someone had a tape recorder, made sucj a pristine recording
 and shared it with the world.  The Blow Up was missing Poor Circulation I believe, which live, is probably what helped them with the tag of punk purveyors, which is mabye why all of them seem to deny this song ever existed.  It was the missing link for the quiet adventure album in my opinion.

Ok, I'm caught up to June, I'm reading 33 1/3 so am avoiding all posts to avoid spoilers.

Thanks for letting me express my opinion

greg