Re: (TV) richard comments-on-new-television-song

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Keith Allison <keith@thewonder.co.uk>wrote:

> On 28/09/2011 12:10, Russ wrote:
>
>> Like it.
>>
> Have to disagree with you there, Russ - I'd say that "spacey waste of
> talent" just about sums it up. Not to mention "meandering piece of rubbish".
>
> Someone here (I think it was Iqigo, apologies if it wasn't) recently
> described the Verlaine & Rip shows as "lounge music".  Quite.

Well, there's at least one act that's more tired, boring, meandering,
repetitive and frankly rubbishy than anything the modern Television will
ever come up with, and that's the Richard Lloyd Bitches About Television
Show.  Actually, the phrase "spacey waste of talent" isn't totally
inapplicable either.

I'm at a loss in terms of understanding how the scales and modes used in a
song can be used as an actual indictment of it-- that's the only thing
Richard's added to his schtick here and it's just as nonsensical as the rest
of it.  This has gotten way beyond the point where it's just a drag and it's
starting to actually piss me off.

One more time, just in case Richard is reading this:  if the new Television
material sucks as bad as he says it does, let it speak for itself!  Let it
sink or swim on its own merits, or lack thereof!  The only people in the
world who are really "into" Richard Lloyd are fans of Television as well,
and all Richard can accomplish with this incessant and disingenuous bashing
is to potentially alienate a big chunk of the small percentage of the
population who gives a shit about Richard Lloyd, or in fact even knows who
the hell he is.  And the only way to curry favor with them is to make some
decent music himself.  In other word, please, please, please, move on with
your life, and, more to the point, shut up and play.