Re: (TV) and The Gun Club connection

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned on the list before.  But
I was reading a piece from Kid Congo Powers of The Gun Club:

"then
 came back and in 1984 and recorded The Las Vegas Story.

It had been
a  while since we played together and he had become a really great  guitari
st. You could really see the influence of Richard Lloyd and  Tom Verlaine o
n that record. We were huge Television fans, and we  wanted to use that sam
e interplay between guitars for the new material  rather than do the same o
ld country punk conglomeration –  blues punk thing… We did
that already. And we were in our  free jazz and international music phase
– we were exploring  new territories and we wanted to do a record t
hat satisfied us."

Later on he talks about them wantin
g Tom to produce an album for them, but he was unavailable.  They also
 asked John Cale, also unavailable.