From: Maurice Rickard [mailto:maurice@mac.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 2:12 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: RE: (TV) CDs at the office? / Meltzer

At 10:09 PM +0000 2/7/01, Howard Webb wrote:
>However a couple of weeks ago on Friday my
>boss treated the whole team to his Lionel Ritchie greatest hits CD.

Y'know, a piece of tape about 6-8mm wide stuck to the bottom of the
disc can make these things kind of interesting to listen to, if the
player does error-correction.  Of course, you'd have to have access
to the player.

>Also,
>while waiting to be connected to a helpdesk today I had to listen to a
>Shania Twain track played over and over again through the telephone.

If I ever get a phone system that lets me do hold music, it's going
to be Martin Denny's _Quiet Village_.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/