Re: (TV) favorite covers

I'd include some of those Scott had (quoted below), as well as, off the top of
my head:

"Where Have All The Good Times Gone?", "White Light / White Heat (live, BBC,
etc. - he's really made the song his own)" -- David Bowie
"Sloop John B" -- Beach Boys
"Satisfaction" -- Devo
"Privilege (Set Me Free)" -- Patti Smith Group
"Here She Comes Now" -- Galaxie 500
"Indian Summer", "Ride Into the Sun", "In the Flesh" -- Luna
"Black Steel (In the Hour of Chaos)" -- Tricky
"Gloria" -- Patti Smith, Shadows of Knight
"Pills" -- New York Dolls... one of many great Dolls' covers
"Stop Your Sobbing" -- Pretenders
"Winterlong" -- Pixies... also do a nice "Wild Honey Pie" on the BBC disc
"Let's Talk About Girls" -- Undertones... also do a nice "Rock 'n' Roll" on the
BBC disc

Also, I love both of Mick Harvey's albums of Serge Gainsbourg covers (in
English).

There are loads of great covers out there, but I tend to favor the ones that
are stamped with the identity of the cover band, not the original artist (which
applies to move of my selections above, except perhaps the the Undertones
choice).

--Philip