Re: (TV) another Verlaine cover..and a new thread???

Great list but Soul Shoes is an original. Graham Parker did a great cover of
"I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5, though, calling it, "I Want You Back
(Again)", it was the B-side to "Mercury Poisoning", I think, on Stiff. Also
on the live promo-LP "Live at the Marble Arch" he does a killer "Kansas
City" and "Chain Of Fools". I guess you could call Dave Edmunds/Rockpile's
"Crawling From The Wreckage" a cover( and a great one), but since Parker
never officially recorded it, it stands as an original, since Dave's
repertoire pretty much consists of other people's tunes.
Also just thought of a great one: Alex Chilton doing "Femme Fatale" on "Big
Star/Third/Sister Lovers" with Steve Cropper on guitar. Beautiful and weird.
Also on that record he does a rocking cover of "Till The End Of The Day", by
the Kinks, though it's more of a straight cover. Another great
collaboration/cover is George Jones doing "StrangerIn The House" with Elvis
Costello. Very appropriate honky-tonk sound. Interestingly enough, on
Elvis's own version of his song (released as a promo-only single with the
first 50,000 pressings of This Year's Model in the UK), he and the
Attractions do a slow, funky version of the Damned's "Neat,Neat,Neat" on the
B-side, an oddity indeed, and well worth seeking out. It's a live version
with saxophone! Pretty cool. Also from the same year(78) Elvis and Richard
Hell performed "You Gotta Lose" and "Shattered" together at CBGB's. If
that's not a great homage to the Stones I don't know what is.
Elvis plays rhythm guitar to "Shattered" like "Radio, Radio"(think his
appearance on SNL that year).
Scott