Re: (TV) Keith, Sterling, and Fred "Sonic" Smith

Some of my favourite guitarists are one trick ponies! How about Johnny
Thunders, Mick Ronson, Neil Young... they all had only one trick, it just
happened to be a very good one.
And I'm not so sure about the importance of vibrato. It's a very blues thing,
and I kind of like the people who got away from that a bit -- Andy Gill, for
instance, doesn't really do vibrato, and Quine doesn't seem to use it much. I
don't remember Richard Thompson doing it very much either.
One of the best guitarists around at the moment, I think, is Graham Coxon from
Blur. Very imaginative rhythm playing, and crosses over into solos in clever ways.
sam