Re: (TV) oops--try this

In a message dated 2/1/00 7:21:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, jh@brainiac.com
writes:

> > Greatest rock guitarists of all times
>  > Copyright * 1999 Piero Scaruffi - Who *is* this guy?
>
>  Any "best rock guitarist" list that doesn't have Richard Thompson
>  on it anywhere proves to me that the author doesn't have a broad enough
>  knowledge base to be writing such a list.

Agreed. QED.

>  > 5.Duane Denison (Jesus Lizard)
>  > 6.Joe Baiza (Saccharine Trust, Universal Congress)
>
>  You have *got* to be kidding.  They're not bad - worthy of inclusion,
>  but at #5 and 6?
>
>  Notable absences besides RT include Frank Zappa, Carlos Santana,
>  Dave Edmunds and Adrian Belew (although he may have been the
>  truncated #64).

Of course, a certain Mr. Lloyd wasn't on the guitar list either.

And back to personal biases, leaving John Entwistle off the bass list as
well? The Beatles BARELY make the cut at #83? The Who clocks in at #59 right
BEHIND MAGMA?

Given that I publish a year-end "top ten" on my web page, I s'pose I
shouldn't say much, but COME ON!

    -- Owen

PS: Oooo .. nice way to stir things up, eh?

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg

"What do you get when you take Italy's finest zydeco musicians and turn them
loose on a program of Cyndi Lauper favorites? We have no idea, really, but we
imagine it would sound nothing like THE MISTAKES, the semi-long-awaited
collaboration between four of modern music's more intriguing practitioners
..."
    -- from the press release for the debut album by The Mistakes