Re: (TV) chris spedding

In a message dated 2/2/00 2:32:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, AndrewMFC@aol.com
writes:

> I seem to recall hearing a rumour that it was Spedding and not Steve Jones
>  playing on much of the Sex Pistols recordings.  Any truth to this?

Philip will probably know better than I do, but I thought Spedding's
involvement was more in the production of early demos. I thought I'd read
that while he was widely reputed to have played, he didn't.

    -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg

"What do you get when you take Italy's finest zydeco musicians and turn them
loose on a program of Cyndi Lauper favorites? We have no idea, really, but we
imagine it would sound nothing like THE MISTAKES, the semi-long-awaited
collaboration between four of modern music's more intriguing practitioners
..."
    -- from the press release for the debut album by The Mistakes