Re: (TV) Cale

FRAGMENTS is great, but yeah, I guess the studio recordings of some of them add
something - esp. "Fear". Also, as I recall, he tones down the words to "Guts"
to make them slightly less shocking. I came to appreciate more of FRAGMENTS
(like "The Thoughtless Kind") by seeing Cale's 1995 tour... he was really just
fantastic; impassioned, direct, etc. (Even if he addressed the Cambridge,
Massachusetts crowd by saying "Hello, Boston!")

It's definitely "Cable Hogue" - the studio version appears on HELEN OF TROY.

BTW, Cale's "What's Welsh for Zen?" autobiography is finally out in oversize
paperback, at least in the USA. I read the excerpts in MOJO when the book was
first published over a year ago - very entertaining stuff.

--Philip