(TV) garage rock revisited

In case anyone cares, I do, I put out the query the other day whose version
of the Warren Zevon-penned 1966 garage standard, "Outside Chance" came
first, the Turtles. or the Detroit-based the Sounds Like Us? Anyone know? I
have 'em both on tape, and I think I dig the Sounds' version better, has a
12-string Rickenbacker twang.
Just wiling away my evening as Love's Da Capo plays.
I think side 1 may be one of the greatest things ever comitted to vinyl.
Serious. "She Comes In Colors" sounds like it must have been the Stones
inspiration for "She's Like A Rainbow". I think I'm gonna do a cover of "Que
Vida" - such a fey pop song, I think Verlaine copped some of Lee's attitude.
Also, I think Richard Hell sounds a lot like the garagey Love tracks, like
"Can't Explain". Obvious antecedents? The Neon Boys "That's All I Know(Right
Now)"? Oh yeah. Elektra records too!
Scott