Re: (TV) "Marquee Moon" seven inch? Rare?

    Perhaps not in the UK, but the 7" of Marquee Moon did come out with a
picture sleeve in Germany and in Spain. The Spanish sleeve is hilarious
because of the mighty "PUNK ROCK" with fist logo. Tom's pet peeve, TV
being lumped into the whole Punk Rock genre. The first opportunity they
had to leave CBGB's they did. I remember after seeing TV for the last
time at CB's in the spring of '77 I believe, I called the club a few months
later to see if Television were coming back any time soon. The woman
responded
with "Tom said we had a better chance of climbing up a greased flag pole
before
Television would play here ever again". She summed it up to the whole Punk
Rock association and that the band wanted to get away from that tag. Can't
say
I blame them. It was pretty unfair. As well as with the Talking Heads. What
was so Punk about either of these two? Anyway, the single does have a
picture
sleeve in those two territories. M T C