Re: (TV) Verlaine's Guitar

    I need comment on this sad fate of guitars hanging on the "Halls Of
Shame". When Patti and her family first moved here she was just starting to
feel her way around old familiar territory. Jackson comes in one day to work
and announces that his mom was going to be giving Fred "Sonic" Smith's
infamous Mosrite guitar to either the Hard Rock Cafe or some other bogus
Hall of Shame mogul. Jackson still had not found the respect for his dad's
playing, so Alex and I pleaded with him to tell his mom that he wanted the
guitar for himself even if he didn't really. If he didn't ask for it he
would one day regret it. So he did and now can enjoy it. Can you imagine if
she had done that? Patti wanted to keep his name alive and thought that this
might be one way to insure that.

    On another story, Mick Taylor of Stones fame use tolive next door to our
shop. In the late 80's Gibson offered him 2 guitars. One was free of charge
with the stipulation that he use it on one performance and then turn it over
to the Hard Rock Cafe, the 2nd guitar he could have @ 60% of cost. Needless
to say he was insulted and didn't follow thru. Not to mention that at that
time Gibson was making the worst guitars of their entire history. One good
smack on the neck and it would literally crack in half. It seemed as though
they were made out of balsa wood.

    What a poor excuse for a museum the H R C is. As if they could care less
about the artists and their integrity. I have yet to step foot into one, God
forgive me if ever I should. M T C