(TV) MARQUEE MOON LYRIC QUESTION

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the 1st line in the chorus means

"Life in the hive puckered up my night"

Does this refer to something that I'm naive about? Someone please explain.
What can it mean. I picked up the Japanese Best of from Michael over the
weekend and the lyric sheets for the songs were inside. Nice surprise. My 1st
quick listen and I think at least one song sounds re-mastered or re-mixed. I
forget which one but I'll let you all know which one I think was re-done.

best
Chris O'D