Re: [(TV) Your "soul" music]

Neil Young is an artist I can always come home to.  Look, I'm not proud --
I'll admit to having seen him last night, tearing it up alongside his brethren
CS&N.  So he's in my thoughts, but I probably would have given the same answer
regardless.

By the way, if you don't find the whole concept completely intolerable, Neil
Young fans could do worse than to see the CSNY show.  Because he did so few of
his own tunes with that band in the first place, he compensates by doing a lot
of his solo stuff from the same era.  Last night's set included -- I kid you
not -- "Southern Man," "Cinnamon Girl," "Old Man," "After the Goldrush,"
"Rockin' in the Free World," "Ohio," "Long May You Run," and a blistering 15
minute version of "Down By The River."  It's doubtful you'll get to hear him
do these songs in any other context.  And he took the atonal Roger McGuinn
guitar part in "Eight Miles High."  Yikes.  Better duck.  Speaking of whom,
Duck Dunn (of Booker T. fame) was on bass...

- Jeff Strell