From: g grant [mailto:grntg@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2000 7:27 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) "live" music-get the microscopes out!!!!

In Canada, one does not hear a lot of new Canadian
bands however the CRTC enforces that 10 or 15% of
radio must be Canadian content.  Established acts such
as Blue Rodeo, BTO, Alanis, Bryan Adams and the like
are consequently played to death.  Sarah McClaughlin
gets a minimum of 8 songs of radio airplay from 8 am
to 5 pm a day.  It gets worse on the oldies station,
Paul Anka's Puppy Love and She's Having my Baby are
consistent, "favorite" staples.  Holy o Crap!  As I
type this, the 2nd Sarah McClaughlin song is pouring
out of the radio and it's only 8:30 am!  It will be a
long day...