(TV) re: Scarcity of Verlaine CDs/'ass-kicking' Verlaine quiz/"23 Minu tes in Brussels"

Re scarcity/price of Tom's solo work CDs: True, he is still keeping a relatively low profile, but I think it comes down to simple 'supply and demand'.  Yes, one could find one of his CDs used for $8 several years ago.  But remember,  there were not a lot of copies (say, x units) of Tom's solo work released in the first place; this and the fact that  very few of his fans (f) re-sell his recordings, together with that there is a new, younger, musically sophisticated audience (y) -----albeit a relatively small, audience, but y is still greater than x minus f (sorry for the math) who hear his music but can't find it.

Re 'getting your ass kicked' on the Verlaine Quiz:  remember that the questions were deliberately designed to be get harder and then ridiculously hard (more and more obscure) as you get further on into it (Parts 7 thru 9) to the point where probably no could answer them.  It's not your quiz score that's important, rather it's the process of taking the quiz itself.

Re Luna: I agree with Micah.  I remember being in a record store in Boston and hearing this great song.  I asked the storeowner who it was by, but he had no idea.  I later found it was from a Luna CD , but when I got home the liner notes revealed that Verlaine played guitar on "23 Minutes in Brussels", I thought no wonder it sounds so great.

	On the other hand, I remember years ago reading an article in which Ric Ocasek was blabbering on and on and boasting about how Tom Verlaine played on Ocasek's solo record.  I rushed out, bought it and quite disappointed.  Later I thought, o'well, Tom probably needed the money at the time, and Ocasek probably offered him a bundle.

	Leo