From: Casey, Leo J [mailto:CaseyL@volpe.dot.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2000 1:17 PM
To: 'tv@obbard.com'
Subject: RE: (TV) what's doing it for you

Granted these are all pretty mellow/sad, but how about:
John McLaughlin's electric version of his 'Follow Your Heart' on a record by
The Joe Farrell Quartet,  also McGlaughlin on Miles Davis' In A Silent
Way-----the 2 minute pieces that end both  side 1 and 2 of the vinyl
version; Pat Metheny's live version of 'Are You Going With Me?'; anything by
Baden Powell; Keith Richards' guitar on 'No Expectations'; (Magic) Sam
Maghett's  'I Found A New Love' (from his West Side Soul); Oh, and some guy,
named Verlaine, on 'Without A Word' and 'At 4a.m.'.

	Leo
Pete
> Cosey off of anything he plays on with Miles. Kevin Shields from My Bloody
> Valentine.
> -finally, that guitarist from the Embarrassment.
>
> Sweet Lord!
> Micah

Vegas",
> sizzling solo), Merle Haggard's 60's Capitol singles, like "Mama Tried",
and
> Rick Nelson's late 50's singles, and on Dale Hawkins early rockabilly
> singles (though it isn't clear whether it's him or Roy Buchanan on which
> tracks, whoever is playing smokes).
> Cliff Gallup, from Gene Vincent & the Blue Caps (Race With The Devil,
Ain't
> She Sweet, so smooth).
> Jeff Beck on "Truth" (just got a UK mono copy of the LP, while a little
> surface-noisy, is still phenomenal and better than the common mix. It's
> everything you hoped he would do on "Roger the Engineer" by the
Yardbirds.)
> Richard Thompson (that intro to the Calvary Cross on I Want To See The
> Bright Lights Tonight is like a bagpipe's mournful call to arms!, also
Roll