Re: (TV) a true classic though def.not"british"....

man, i'm gonna have to testify & weigh in here with my coupla cents on Astral
Weeks...
as a young college dropin/out playing with the possible realities that were
exploding all around me (thanks to rock & roll, literature, drugs & first sexual
experiences), i dug into that record with an almost insane vengeance....there's a
beauty & power in those grooves there's no way in hell i could ever articulate
with the language of this existence.
for more than a few months, my evening would revolve around lsd, pinball, william
blake & AW...(& the few girls i could concentrate on)....the following summer, i
read lester bangs' liner notes to a 2 record them comp i'd just purchased...he
referred often to AW...a little while later, i borrowed a copy of greil marcus'
STRANDED from the library & read lester's piece on AW....that evening i put AW on
& so began another torrential & nearly obsessive/compulsive affair with the damn
record...
i haven't had such an intense relationship with the record since then, but i've
never had that kind of a connection with any other record EVER...
i can honestly say it informed ME, helped to make me....the desperation & desire &
awe morrison wrote & sang of...oh man, it's truly ineffable.
i sing to you, van morrison...as much of a weirdo & creep you may have become (so
they say)...you blew the lids off my eyes & heart.