(TV) Adventure

The guitar interplay of Verlaine and Richard Lloyd is still serrated, the
vocals often eat away at the listener's nerve endings -- but in the
Byrds-meet-Albert Ayler tonalities of "Days" and "Carried Away", is the
haunting beauty Verlaine has incessantly strived for.  Verlaine has been
unflaggingly uncompromising in his quest -- he refuses to utilize a producer
who will polish the band's sound or burnish the arrangement!

You know-I disagree,I think the problem with Adventure is its too
"polished"-I think the songs themselves
are as strong as any on MM (live versions prove this)-something is just
missing IMHO

Mark