Re: (TV) Hitchcock

whichever one came out in 97.
i read an interview with them in the studio...everything had been recorded cept
vocals & malkmus hadn't written most of the lyrics yet & the writer claimed
(perhaps malkmus was pulling his leg) that m. was cutting up a book of john
ashberry's & reconnecting the words which would serve as lyrics to be recorded
the following day.
whether it's true or not, it's not so hard to believe...i haven't really dug
much of anything by them since "slanted & enchanted" & going back to that, i
think:
"the fall were a much better band."
funny sidenote:
when asked his opinion of pavement, mark e smith called em "used car salesmen."