Re: (TV) strange goings on on the list

"Raymond" <ray@wavewalker.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> anyone else receiving their recent mails in the wrong order or is it a
> problem with my server?...most confusing....

It seems fine to me.  I've had no problems delivering the messages
to the server for the freeserve.co.uk domain (mail-in.pol.net.uk -
I don't know how that relates to freeserve); all messages are delivered
within a second or two of starting the process.

I note that you're running Outlook.  A couple of years ago (when I still
owned an ISP and paid more attention to such things) Outlook had a problem
with dates since it used a date string of a slightly different format
than what's specified in the RFC document that defines email headers.

When contacted about it at the time, Microsoft's response was that that
was how they do it, and the rest of the Internet can use their format.
Feh.  It's reason #5 why I find Outlook to be the worst mail program I've
seen in 20 years of using email and 10 years of administering email
servers.

I urge anyone using Outlook to switch to a reliable email program such
as the following, which can be downloaded for free:
   Eudora Lite ( http://www.eudora.com )
   Pegasus Mail ( http://risc.ua.edu/pegasus/ )

OK, I'll get off the soapbox now.

Patti Smith tomorrow night at Lupo's!  I'm pretty jazzed...