Re: (TV) new hell tune, recent stuff

At 1:58 PM -0400 8/1/00, jpontrelli@nallmiller.com wrote:
The band sounds fine, but Richard's voice, well....

Ooh, yeah. Definitely scary. I guess the rock thing isn't in him anymore. Quine sounds great, though.

NP: _The For Carnation_ by The For Carnation, Brian McMahan's post-Slint band. Very, very sparse for a large band, and a definite atmosphere of creepy menace. I saw them live last week, and they managed to make the whole bar fall silent. About my only criticism of the CD is that it doesn't contain the first song from the set, a disturbing late-80s Bad Seeds kind of thing, with circus-pit-orchestra snare rolls and unsettling toy-piano samples. Even so, the CD is highly recommended.

In other matters, any Luna partisans care to comment on how they're playing live these days?

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/