Re: (TV) Saints

Just got back from vacation and one of the latest topics on the list is the
Saints and Prehistoric Sounds - something very close to my heart.  In fact
my three favourite records from the punk period (76-78) from anywhere in the
world are Marquee Moon (of course) , Radios Appear by Radio Birdman (maybe
you needed to live in Sydney (as I do) to fully experience this but their
impact on this city is still felt to this day) and Prehistoric Sounds by the
Saints.  The first two Saints albums are also great but Prehistoric Sounds
is the one that really does it for me.  It does not contain a killer single
like I'm Stranded or Know Your Product but in my view it is the strongest
(and the best) album they released.  It continues on from the direction set
on Eternally Yours, contains so many wonderful tracks and shows how much
they had progressed in such a short period of time.  It also sign posted the
direction Ed Kuepper would later take with brass into the Laughing Clowns
(and thats another amazing story!!!).  Sorry to rave on.

Prehistoric Sounds was released on cd in Australia in the late 80's or
thereabouts but was deleted shortly after and it has not been available here
for many years.  I do however have a copy of it on cd (and vinyl) which I
treasure.

I notice on cdnow (see Advance Orders) that a new Saints compilation is
about to be released in the US called Wild About You (76 - 78) - Complete.
It does not however say what tracks are on it.  If this new compilation does
not satisfy your desires contact me and we will see what we can do.

Regards

Alan