(TV) Howdy

Hi all,

Yes, I am alive, just about 100+ messages behind most days (and with no
internet connectivity at my apartment since moving in mid-June) - now looking
around and wondering what happened to the summer - and I've missed a bunch of
good threads, like favorite psych records (does ODESSEY AND ORACLE count?), the
quality of the MARQUEE MOON cd remaster (frustratingly, static is present in
both "Venus" and "Friction" on the CD; the exact same masterings seem to have
been used for the Japanese best-of and THE MILLER'S TALE as well), Scott Walker
(can't figure out why they dumped the rarity "The Rope and the Colt" from the
new BOYCHILD remaster, record company bastards, but otherwise the new reissues
are nice), my stereo equipment (new Onkyo Receiver, Technics turntable I'm
thinking about replacing, Technics dual tape deck, Sony 5CD changer, CD burner
in my relatively new PC), etc.

Busy working and traveling these days - had a bunch of great weekends out of
NYC this summer - but I'm keeping up with my music as much as possible! Last
night, I picked-up Peter Perrett's WOKE UP STICKY (1996) and can't stop
listening to it this morning; the title track alone is worth every penny. Now I
need to complete my Only Ones collection (and does anyone know where to find
Perrett's 1995 EP?).  Fantastic.

Also, for my fellow Television fans, I've added two MP3 rarities to
http://tv.obbard.com/sounds/
... to make up for my slow response times in replying, taping, offending, etc.
Enjoy. I'll have some more up in a week or so.

--Philip