Re: (TV) Wildness

My vote for top manic freakout guitar goes to the MC5's "Thunder Road" live
French TV appearance (with a version of Kick Out The Jams into Empty Heart
by the Stones that will make lesser men shit the bed, and the most killer
version of "Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa", John Lee Hooker's "Motor City's Burning" is
pretty damn cool, too), and the whole "High Time" album, especially "Baby
Don't Ya", "Skunk (Sonically Speaking)" - must be heard to be believed -,
"Over And Over", "Poison", "Sister Anne" (this is genius), and
"Future/Now"...or, the whole album minus "Miss X". This is punk before punk,
metal that kills most other metal, and the most defiant guitar playing of
Kramer and especially Fred "Sonic" Smith.

Roy Loney's sleazy guitar on the Flamin' Groovies "Teenage Head" album is
the mac daddy, too.

Lee Baker's guitar on Mud Boy & The Neutron's "Money Talks" or Moloch's
"Cocaine Katy" is blues at it's most sick/evil. "I'm Gonna Booglarize You,
Baby" by Captain Beefheart (Zoot Horn Roll and two other guitarists) is in
the same vein.

Also I like Quine and Ivan Julian on CCR's "Walk On The Water". Beautiful.

Scott