Re: (TV) Whammy bars, leases, etc

At 3:43 PM -0400 10/5/00, OwenGwilliam@cs.com wrote:

$250,000 will buy you a HUGE house here in Columbus.

Y'know, when we were in Columbus for Tom's show last year, my wife and I were blown away by what a neat city it is.

To maybe relate this back to music, given that "scenes" seem to need to thrive on cheap rent, any thoughts on our next cultural hotspot? SF seems to be out because of the cost, Seattle's getting up there, NYC has been ultra-expensive for a while.

In terms of current activity, Chicago might be cultural ground zero, with the whole Touch-and-Go family scene. So what's next up? Athens has a lot of Elephant 6 people. (Tip of the hat to Jay for turning me on to Neutral Milk Hotel--exquisite!) Austin? Hoboken? Somewhere entirely different?

In a speculative frame of mind,
Maurice

--
Maurice Rickard