(TV) Finding Television

Hi all,

I had read about TV in Rolling Stone in '77 or '78, but they were compared to the Dead who I was never really into. But in '79, at the Fredrickstown Mall in MD there was a cool record store, and they sold me both TV albums for $5 total. I also bought Pere Ubu's ep Datapanik in the Year Zero there, and a book by Caroline Coon that had lots of great English punk photos and stories.

I've always been into guitarists who were sonically adventurous. I went from Verlaine to Andy Gill of Gang of Four to Adrian Belew to Vernon Reid to Reeves Gabrels, but then the road kind of stopped.

Oh, and I also think that Dreamtime is one of the greatest albums of all time, if not the greatest. And Tom's voice never bothered me. I had always liked Dylan and Neil Young's voice. And the first two bootlegs I ever bought were Pere Ubu's Live at the Interstate Mall and Club Wow, and Television with Bryan (sic) Eno.

B Young