From: Philip P. Obbard [mailto:pobbard@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 7:13 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Pil's COMMERCIAL ZONE (way off-topic)

Way off-topic message to follow; hit 'delete' now if you're looking for TV
content...

COMMERCIAL ZONE is the original version of most of THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT...
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET, but WITH Keith Levene and WITHOUT all the damn
synthesizers. It was probably only 80% finished, but Levene issued the album
semi-legitimately shortly after leaving PiL and copies are not uncommon in
second hand stores these days... it's never been issued on CD (although I
did
write Rhino about this years ago; they suggested I try Bomp! instead).

Two tracks from these sessions WERE 'officially' released - the original
"This
Is Not a Love Song" (the version that was actually a minor hit, and NOT the
synth-heavy version included on THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT nor on the GREATEST
HITS
SO FAR) and "Blue Water", both of which appeared on a 12" single and a rare
CD
single.

Clinton Heylin wrote the only book on PiL - "Rise/Fall" - c. 1987. He
considers
COMMERCIAL ZONE their last interesting, worthwhile, 'band' album (I don't
disagree). It's also waaaaay more accessible than FLOWERS OF ROMANCE.

I have two copies of COMMERCIAL ZONE stored in my parents' attic; someone on
this list was nice enough to sell me a CD-R copy of the album they had a
bought
a few years ago, and I'd be glad to help someone else track down a copy...
contact me off the list.

I think the tracklisting was:
1.    Mad Max (Bad Life)
2.    This Is Not A Love Song