Re: (TV) Interesting?

    This sounds as though it might've been Richard Lloyd's own acetate.
Judging from the condition. I know that he use to carry the acetates from
Marquee Moon and Adventure around with him to play for people. Such an
excitable boy he was.The thing with acetates is that you can't play them
more than a dozen times before the grooves wear out and the sounds start
fading. They're only meant to be played a couple of times just for
reference. Of the few acetates that I have only one of them has alternate
versions and that's the 10" acetate for "Glory" and "The Dreams Dream". They
were still in the working stages. But both Marquee Moon and Adventure are
the same as the officially released LP's. In fact my Marquee Moon sounds
much like the condition of this acetate, so I always assumed that I had
Richard's copy of this. Whatever this acetate is $50 is a great price even
if it is the same as the officially released LP since they generally make no
more than 5 or 6 copies for the band and maybe the A&R guy and producer to
listen to. If it's got alternate mixes then you can name your price. M T C