RE: (TV) Another worst ngihtmare

A big part of the reason we're hearing a lot of pop records in commercials
these days (besides the complete lack of creativity on the part of the
marketroids) is the fact that many of the songs used have rights that
are owned by somebody other than the writer or performer.  The Beatles'
catalog, owned by Michael Jackson and licensed to Nike and Philips,
among others, is the best example.

One positive thing about Tom's paranoia is that it's unlikely that anyone
else has the rights, and I'll bet a nickel Tom would rather eat a bug
than license a song he wrote.