Re: (TV) TV Commercials

    If you listen closely to Television/Verlaine LP's there's alot of
Mancini and Percy Faith influences going on in the material. All those
little drenched in reverb noises in the background. I'm a huge fan of Percy
Faith which is one of the first things I picked up on when I heard Marquee
Moon how much their record reminded me of a Percy Faith LP. Just pick up a
greatest hits by Faith and just think of the production of a TV record while
listening to it and I'm sure you'll hear the similarities. Verlaine uses
them for effect, and effective they are. The Dreams Dream is a perfect
example, as is Torn Curtain and Elevation. Anyone else know what I'm talkin'
about? M T C