(TV) Eleventh Dream Day

OK. Having heard good things, and having been impressed by the streaming show at Supersphere.com, and having read this: http://www.salon.com/ent/col/marc/2000/12/18/marcus35/index.html I'd like to check 'em out in detail. What's a good recorded introduction to EDD?

I say this having, just a few days ago, placed an order with the tiny local jazz shop for one of my "ideal Christmas present" sets, a nontrivial [for me] purchase indeed... To stir up another interesting thread (interesting over on the Zornlist, anyway), when did you all realize you had a record-collecting addiction? And do you care?

I think I might have just come to such a realization, and I find, that I don't. (I would draw the line at something I'd seen elsewhere--if I mistakenly bought a duplicate of something I didn't know I had, for instance....)

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/