Re: (TV) Nash

hey billy, i don't think you deserve serious flak for this
one...an opinion's an opinion & i'm gonna argue only so far
with an informed one (yrs?)....all i can say is nash never
really wrote anything (that i;ve heard & admittedly, i
haven't seriously indoctrinated myself with much...had a
roommate in college who owned most of the solo recs as well
as all the csny, but those were heady kneejerk days where
bob dylan & lou reed wove my universal fabric...i might say
something potentially inflammatory here by stating my
disregard & boredom with approx. 80% of neil young's solo
work).
& pls lemme clarify here...i don't think stills is a
particularly strong songwriter...crosby's better & he's
flawed enough as it is.
i do give csny props for helping the dead create their
masterwork (american beauty) & would still play "deja vu" on
grand dark autumn days
if i still owned a copy (not EVEN a cassette...oy!).
still & all, i do believe that csny were a part of what cats
like verlaine & hell were reacting against & perhaps even
attempting to implode...
(hell likely more so than verlaine).