From: Michael [mailto:michael@recordsnyc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 2:54 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Hanson

> What he needs is a good push,
> another romantic cliff hanging incident, and faith in certain
> independent labels

    I'm with secretx on this one. I've pushed for Matador with Tom. I even
got him to speak with Ira Kaplan from Yo La Tengo who's obviously satisfied
with Matador. Eventhat didn't alter his opinion of the indies. At this point
the indies are the only labels who'll know what to do with Tom. Heck, he's
been on nearly every major label as it is with let's see Elektra, Capitol,
Warner Bros., MCA(IRS), Virgin, and Polydor(Fontana). His reputation
definitely precedes him for being difficult to deal with. One A&R rep(who
shall remain nameless) told Quine and I that Tom is precious, but he meant
it in the pejorative sense. So the only thing left for him to do is either
find a indie who's willing to put up with his paranoia or put the damn stuff
out himself. 9 years without a new release is an awfully long time for his
fans to wait. M T C