RE: (TV) Eagles no way Jose

Excuse me, but for me it's totally absurd to mention that old hippieband together with Velvet and Television. I've heard about a strange tribe called deadheads in a foreign country somewhere overseas. (Of course, NYC and Detroit have absolutely nothing to do with that country!)I know I'm cynical but that hippieband is more or less unknown over here, and I'm thinking of TV as a part of a movement against all that flowerpower-crap.

Don't know if I'm the only one on the list on this side of the pond, except for the ones in the pond, but I feel kind of lonely when discussions like this take place.

My girlfriend gave me a black Ramones T-shirt this christmas. I'm a fan, but not a big one. But I'm proud to wear it, even if I'm 38 soon. It's a statement. It's what it's all about. Simple as that.

From: Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: RE: (TV) Eagles no way Jose
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:29:01 -0500

At 6:56 PM -0500 1/18/01, Pontrelli, Paul Jay wrote:
I expect he is referring to live, which means the bootlegs.  Don't forget:
Television = The Grateful Dead of punk!

Yeah, so I've heard it said many times, and which I've actually used
as a way to contextualize them for some Dead fans I've known.  I
recall hearing that it was meant as an insult on this side of the
Pond, and a compliment on the other... Anyone know about that?

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/