From: AndrewMFC@aol.com [mailto:AndrewMFC@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 7:33 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) Stephen Malkamus

Is anyone a fan of Pavement?
I heard a song from the new Steve Malkamus solo record recently and was
struck by how much of a TV influence I heard.  Evidently Steve is paying
more attention to his guitar playing on this record and the song "Church on
White" sounds, to my ears like something Tom might play -- a terrific guitar
solo that ends far too soon.  While I loved "Slanted and Enchanted" I was
never that big a Pavement fan after that because it seemed to me as though
they weren't really trying, always hiding behind the iron(y) curtain, and
that drove me crazy.  I've always struggled like all hell to squeeze every
drop from the single gram of talent I have and here was a guy who had loads
of talent but seemingly couldn't be arsed.  Or am I just jealous?
AS