(TV) The Eagles

I think it must be an American thing that makes the Eagles the
arch-villians of rock music. To Americans they seem to stand for
everything that's bad in corporate blandness and dross. Now I don't like
them much, but I don't hate and detest them in the same way I do Queen,
or Eric Clapton, or U2, or many other equally 'big' rock artistes. And I
don't find them as bland as, say, Peter Frampton, or Supertramp, or
Fleetwood Mac.
And who were these Grateful Dead people anyway? :-)
Sam

PS Anyone heard an album called 'The 13th Floor Elevators Live At The
Avalon Ballroom' on TKO Magnum? I bought it a couple of weeks ago and
I'm just playing it to myself now. Must've been a great gig, tho the
recording's a bit ropey. But frustratingly there's no sleeve notes.
Anyone know anything about it?