From: Maurice Rickard [mailto:maurice@mac.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 8:53 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) the Wonder

At 12:33 AM +0000 2/1/01, Ray wrote, re _Cover_ and _WFTF_:
>Incredibly i still own vinyl copies as i thought
>maybe i'd grow to like them at some future date but it hasn't happened yet
>and to be honest i don't think it ever will .

Fair enough indeed, Ray--you've given them a shot.  I myself maligned
_Cover's_ recording quality a while back, and Keith urged me to
listen to the vinyl again, forcing a retraction...although I still
think the drum machine's pretty bad, and I still wonder how Tom was
recording his voice for those two discs.  I felt compelled to listen
to _WFTF_ again last night, and to my ear Tom's tone and playing are
spot on, even if the backing isn't as spirited as TV.

>BTW Leo's story about Tom's humiliating solo gig backing the Church near
>broke my heart so please folks go easy on me...and Keith that's my job at
>the toffee apple stand gone now isn't it?....i'll get me coat.....

Oh, God, yeah.  It's horrifying.  Of course, we've seen what's
happened to the Church since then...

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/