Re: (TV) FC Reissue

heard about this from a friend over here...anybody know if
it's coming out stateside?
& ray, do you know if one of the 2 never heard tracks is a
bryan maclean comp??
& while i'm at it, may as well chip in with my
thoughts/opinions on current debates/topics varied & sundry:
i really really dig "cover"...along with "dreamtime," it was
the 1st verlaine solo lp i bought (in 84 right round its
release date) & tho i came to luv "dreamtime" equally as
well, i grooved to "cover" RELENTLESSLY.
i concur with what maurice has to say regarding the drum
machines (in 84, i couldn't have noticed the difference), &
should add that "let go the mansion" is a very cool lyric &
works up suitable atmosphere/drive.
"words from the front" i could do without save the title
track...by far, my least favorite verlaine solo cept "warm &
cool" (i'm a word guy).
just picked up "the wonder" on cassette for a buck last
week, prior to this discussion, & have to say; it's a little
tame guitar-wise (hell, rhythm section-wise as well), but is
a perfect tape to play when i'm trying to grab some shuteye
in the early afternoon (i get up round 2 am to work as a
baker & the noontime naps are essential)....this ain't to
say i find the record ambient a la eno (music to sleep by),
but that it exudes a warm glow without being too
instrumentally (or vocally...verlaine's vocal mannerisms
have grown odder & odder over the years, by the by)
intrusive.
i'd have to say the 1st & "flashlight" are verlaine's peaks
as a solo artist...."flashlight"'s power likely contributing
to the initial dull impact of "the wonder" (i recall
listening to a friend's copy at the time of its release &
thinking "yawn"...cepting "stalingrad", which i came to dig
via "the miller's tale").
& "destiny street" kicks ass on all of em!!!!
ha!