Re: (TV) Why did Television break up originally ?

Actually, I don't think we've ever discussed it on the list!!

I think Television's break-up probably had the most do with general fatigue
across the band as well as some dissatisfaction on Richard Lloyd's part, who
was becoming more interested in songwriting and less interested in taking a
back seat. But I suspect the former (fatigue) had more to do with the breakup,
ultimately - as Clinton Heylin describes it the must-read FROM THE VELVETS TO
THE VOIDOIDS, the band was "tired of banging their heads against Hotel
California" (paraphrasing because I don't have the book at work with me).

And yes, there SHOULD be a Television FAQ... hmm...

--Philip