(TV) Iggy

I've known Iggy a long time. His door has never "swung both ways"!! Iggy
was always strictly heterosexual, much to David's chagrin, but David
said he was happy to settle for just being around Iggy's primitive
energy. After Iggy moved to Berlin he came back to the US to tour and
when I saw him he was reading a book about Kerouac and Casady. One or
both of those men flirted with bisexuality, but still I don't think Iggy
was interested in trying it. He picked up the book at City Lights,
legendary beatnik hangout which specializes in books by Ginsberg,
Burroughs, etc. It was near Iggy's hotel. By the way, when Tom first saw
City Lights he was surprised by how small it was. He put it down. "This
place is nothing."  Maybe he was comparing it to NYC's Strand ("Eight
Miles of Books" shouts the ad). I thought Tom was missing the point. I
was offended. I'd heard that Tom had a "superior attitude", but to put
down an earnest little bookstore like City Lights? I guess he meant
well. He was trying to point out to me how I should leave San Francisco
and "see the world". Maybe he was subliminally pointing out that "bigger
is better". It's true that Iggy's not the biggest guy, but he was
exciting and empathetic.