(TV) First Double Exposure

For me , the 1st time I heard Television was in 1987 . I was listening to
John Peel on a long distance bus and he introduced a track with the
typically under-stated phrase of - '....and here's a ditty from Verlaine's
smashing group Television , this is the title track from their debut LP
marquee Moon.....or it will be in a minute....hang on.....have I pressed the
right button?...'

And then that insistant guitar hit me and that was it . It was an overnight
bus and on leaving the bus at 8am I waited an hour outside my local vinyl
emporium and purchased a copy of said 'smashing' album .

The rest , as they say , is history .

I'm still way behind most of you for TV knowledge but I'm trying to learn by
reading your excellent postings .

There are 2 things I do religiously - I always play The Dreams Dream 3 times
before going to work , giving me an enormous feeling of well-being . And
before my group goes on stage we always play Marquee Moon in full .

Andy