RE: (TV) old but new

At 04:35 PM 2/13/2001 -0500, Pontrelli, Paul Jay wrote:
Now Jim, you've been unfairly holding back on us.  We need some stories.
You were there for the bootleg shows?

Yes, and I don't even have copies!

Pete Laughner and his wife, Charlotte Pressler, were friends of mine beginning in 1971. They had moved from Cleveland to Akron, and were renting a place near Akron U. about a block away from me. Pete and I were writing for the same local music rags at the time, and we were both nuts about the Velvets.

I hadn't seen him for several months before the Piccadilly shows, but he called me up and said "I've booked this NY band called Television for two nights at the Piccadilly--you've gotta come! They're the best band since the Velvets!"

He was right, too.

Jim K.