From: SCOTT ALDRICH <scott.aldrich@worldnet.att.net>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) City Lights & Tom Verlaine
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:32:21 -0500

Hey, in BOC's defense (not that they'd care), they're a pretty under-rated
proto-metal band that rate pretty well with Motorhead or other early metal
bands. And just to be perverse, when I first heard Marquee Moon,
particularly side two (Elevation, Prove It, et al) I thought there was a
kind of BOC feel (like the sinewy guitars of Don't Fear The Reaper) which
I'm sure wasn't intentional but they were in the air in that era.  BOC
always felt kind of Doors-y to me, and Television definitely had that
Elektra Records, "The End" kind of feel. Allen Lanier had also just produced
their demo for Arista.