Re: (TV) City Lights & Tom Verlaine

well, he does mention ferry solo lps & i don't find it
unreasonable to believe that ferry et al. were borrowing
sounds, approaches, even hooks, from tv ca. 77-78-79...
this is by no means a defense of monsieur verlaine's
possible paranoia/self-righteousness/whatever...ideas are in
the air...people swipe, adapt, adopt, process, incorporate
others ideas all the time...that's what makes the process so
much fun & fascinating...