RE: (TV) greg at the grammys

g grant <grntg@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Same here, Boy never left my turntable for four
> months.  October was one of my faves also.  Man, I
> didn't even have a drivers liscence when it came out!
> Hmmm, I think I'll have to pick it up on cd this
> weekend.
> > probably listened to Boy and October 200 times.

I was in college when Boy was released.  We'd gotten an advance
copy of the single "I will Follow" at the radio station and it was
played over and over and over again.  I got to see them in a small
bar with about 50 other people - they'd started the tour a couple
of weeks before the album was released, so I only knew the two songs
from the single.  Wow...  I knew right then that they were going to
be huge - Bono was working on that big show presence even then.
One of the best shows I've ever seen.