Re: (TV) lene lovich

Didn't Lene Lovich join the Hare Krishnas or something? Wait, that was Poly Styrene. Or maybe they both did. Who knows.

From: "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) lost verlaine album
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:08:58 -0800 (PST)

I agree, "Anna" is a terrific song. I also like "Sixteen Tulips" a great deal (as well as the excellent cover version on TEST PATTERNS). And "The Scientist Writes a Letter" DID survive for FLASHLIGHT - one of my favorites on the album.

I'd still like to see a *complete* compilation of the b-sides from those 1986
sessions. NO DEPOSIT NO RETURN collects most or all of them, but the sound
quality is atrocious - sounds like they were taken from a 4th-generation
cassette. THE MILLERS TALE has a few, but lacks things like "Circling" and
"Cavemen-Flashlight" Hey, maybe a future project for me will be to collect all
the 7" or 12" vinyl and start making myself a tape. :^)

Or, if the right people are reading this, a Rhino reissue of FLASHLIGHT w/bonus
tracks would be pretty sweet...

--Philip