RE: (TV) Speaking of MOJO.../Patti Smith studio recordings

 Philip said:

"...here's a Molotov cocktail for the conversation - after years of
listening to it, I've decided that HORSES really isn't that good and DOES get
overrated. Other than "Gloria", the album really isn't exceptional, and I'm not
sure that I find any Patti Smith album really compelling, except perhaps GONE
AGAIN and a handful of individual songs (the first single, a few tracks on each
album, etc)."

 I like Patti Smith live a lot.  I saw her open for Dylan (Dec. 1995) with Verlaine playing "second" guitar sitting in the shadows of the stage, and I love the late-90s bootleg of her live in Germany with Verlaine replacing Lenny Kaye on lead guitar--------but I totally agree Philip; her albums ---especially "Horses" ----are overrated by the critics--- I'd move "Horses" way up to #60 or even higher.

	Leo